Justin and I played our second round of #The10to10 last week! He drew brown, rolled 9, which led us to the brown line Sedgwick stop.
BROWN LINE SEDGWICK STOP
- Take a ribbing from your partner that you brought a book to read on the bus ride to the L
- Fuel up at Nookies, a cute, spacious breakfast spot unafraid of serving chili on eggs
- Head eastward and stumble upon Green City Market
- Keep walking until you hit the free Lincoln Park Zoo, on your way, snap a pic with Hans Christian Andersen, writer of childhood dreams/ nightmares
- Ride the 3D underwater simulator and the carousel (yes, even in a skirt!) at the Lincoln Park Zoo
- Take in the view at the Lincoln Park nature boardwalk
- Stop by the Chicago History Museum and feed your brain with famous stories about Chicago, social movements, and so much more
- Take two Divvy bikes (we use this app to find our bikes!) via side streets to Portillo’s and feed your tummy with famous cased meats
- Take the bus up to Lincoln Park for aggression release by way of Bad Axe Throwing
- Take a million photos of you and the axe that you landed in the bullseye because it’s pretty much guaranteed you will not even hit the board after you do that no matter how many times you try (No? Just me?)
- Get a glazed donut at Stan’s, because battle axe throwing is tiring
- Watch a movie at Century theater, located in the same building as axe throwing (This has proven to be our go-to ending for #The10to10 days. Perhaps we were a bit ambitious trying to stay out and about for 12 hours straight. We’re always beat the next day. So, spending the last two hours in a dark air conditioned theater has proven an excellent decision. This time we watched “Leave No Trace.” I cried a lot and am recommending it to everyone now, including you.)
P.S. Here’s a PDF of a customizable #The10to10 map so you can create your own version! I guess this game could work for bus lines or highway exits, too! Whatever you’re down to explore.
P.P.S. If you want to play with lo-class dice like ours, just shoot me a message! We can send you a pair in your fave color: red, brown, purple, blue, or green.