My poor broken voice is the little engine that could in this episode featuring Justin and I as we discuss sexism in presidential campaign coverage, vaccination regulations, and women’s history month!
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar’s mistreatment of staff scared off candidates to manage her presidential staff The Huffington Post
- How Amy Klobuchar treats her staff The New York Times
- Amy Klobuchar apparently ate salad with a comb and made her staffer clean it Mashable
- States more to restrict parents’ refusal to vaccinate kids NPR
- Vaccines do not cause autism Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- State by state vaccination exemptions for children entering public schools ProCon.org
- An electric shock therapy stops self-harm among the autistic, but at what cost? The Washington Post
- Women’sHistoryMonth.gov (So many cool resources on this site, especially for teachers!)
- Why Serena Williams is truly the greatest of all time TEAM USA
- Lucy Stone biography WomensHistory.org
- Inspirational black women of history PBS
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Is Coming for Your Hamburgers! The New Yorker
“Apparently, I am a cow dictator,” Ocasio-Cortez told me. “What’s humorous to me is that we’re finally proposing a clear, ambitious, but necessary and grounded policy on the scale of the problem. And so it’s hard for the Republicans to refute the actual policy on its substance. They resort to mythologizing it on a ludicrous level. Ted Cruz says we want to ‘kill all the cows.’ How far have we slid in our discourse? But that’s what half our political representation is up to.”
A Feminist and A Comedian Walk Into A Bar is a biweekly entertainment podcast produced in Chicago. Listen to past episodes at femcompod.com. Support us at patreon.com/loclass. And see more free, cool ass content at lo-class.com.